Ex-Google Engineer: Die Software-Infrastruktur von Google ist veraltet

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Ex-Google Engineer: Die Software-Infrastruktur von Google ist veraltet

Dhanji R. Prasanna (facebook.com/people/Dhanji-R-Prasanna/731351631), der vor wenigen Tagen bei Google ausgestiegen ist, hat in seinem Abschiedsblogbeitrag rethrick.com/#waving-goodbye interessante Details hinterlassen (siehe auch readwriteweb.com/cloud/2011/06…frastructure-obsolete.php), warum er die Software-Infrastruktur von Google für veraltet hält:
      Here is something you've may have heard but never quite believed before: Google's vaunted scalable software infrastructure is obsolete. Don't get me wrong, their hardware and datacenters are the best in the world, and as far as I know, nobody is close to matching it. But the software stack on top of it is 10 years old, aging and designed for building search engines and crawlers. And it is well and truly obsolete.

Protocol Buffers, BigTable and MapReduce are ancient, creaking dinosaurs compared to MessagePack, JSON, and Hadoop. And new projects like GWT, Closure andMegaStore are sluggish, overengineered Leviathans compared to fast, elegant tools like jQuery and mongoDB. Designed by engineers in a vacuum, rather than by developers who have need of tools.

In the short time I've been outside Google I've created entire apps in Java in the space of a single workday. (Yes, you can program as quickly in Java as in Ruby or Python, if you understand your tools well.) I've gotten prototypes off the ground, shown it to people, or deployed them with hardly any barriers.
      Erst wenn der letzte Programmierer eingesperrt und die letzte Idee patentiert ist, werdet ihr merken, dass Anwälte nicht programmieren können.
    • Illuminatus schrieb:

Dürfte ziemlich aufwendig sein, das ganze komplett durch neuere und effizientere Software auszutauschen.
      hmmm ....
      aber machbar -

ein professioneller scan über die aktuellen, auf der ganzen welt verteilten informationen und eine neue, effizientere Strukturierung. und last, but not least sollten relevante "seiten" und "inhalte" nicht verloren gehen ..... ;(

hmm ... sind nicht auch die filme der mondlandung verschollen?; zumindest hab ich davon gehört.